The Difference between Top Professionals and the Rest
I asked this question to some distributors and advisors – “What do you think are the main differences between the Top Professionals (in our profession/industry) and the Rest?”
What do you think were the responses?
Some of them were:
- Identifying best investments
- Beating Markets
- Providing access to hard-to-find products
- Providing all products
- Consolidated Reporting and more such reasons around finance, markets and economy
None of these are the correct answers. Well, they seemed to be the difference once upon a time or they sound correct for a certain time in the past. They certainly aren’t the ones for the future if you wish to build a valuable firm.
The following is a universal list that differentiates the top professionals and the rest worldwide:
- The ability to make decisions quickly
- The ability to execute ideas and best practices (many a times doing something that has worked for others without constantly doubting, judging or overthinking)
- Having intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to learn
- The ability to invest in themselves
- The ability to take risks and experiment
- The ability to follow instructions
- The skill of having honest and real conversations
Which of these 7 do you possess?