Are you getting your Expensive Questions answered?
In my June 19th Nano Learning (Technical Side of Money versus Life Side of Money), I had written about your role as that of answering expensive questions of your clients.
I truly consider asking meaningful questions as a Key Skill that all of us need to develop.
However, I see a lot of focus and sometimes obsession on asking only technical questions.
- Why is inflation 7% and not 6%?
- Why is the return taken as 12% instead of 15%?
- What should I focus on Mutual Funds, Life Insurance, PMS, or something else?
Your clients know that you know the answer to these questions. An obsession here is not going to solve your real problems.
The first thing to understand is that what has got you here is because of what you have done in the past. The actions that you will take today will determine where you will end up by 2025.
Thus, some of the expensive questions that you should be focused on today are:
- What is the Strategy that will give me a competitive advantage?
- What is the Marketing Strategy that will help me break the barrier that I am facing today and grow?
- What are the real problems that am I facing?
- Why am I facing these problems and what should I be doing to address these?
There are many others, but these are the basic (yet expensive ones) that you need to focus on getting answered.